Now you can view the contents of your TiVo® list from your iPhone or iPod touch.
DVR Shows is no longer available.
- Supports multiple TiVo® devices
- Shows all your recorded programs
- View details of each recording
- Sort and group listings just like on your TiVo®
- A Series 2 or 3 TiVo® connected to a home network
- The network address and Media Access Key of your TiVo®
- An iPhone or iPod touch running iPhone 2.0 software or later
- A Wi-Fi connection from your iPhone or iPod touch
- Where do I find the Media Access Key?
- From your TiVo® DVR: Go to , select , then , and then .
- But my TiVo® says not to give my MAK to anyone.
- This is correct. Entering your Media Access Key into this application does not violate this suggestion. The key is stored on your iPhone or iPod touch and is only used as a password when communicating with your TiVo®. Your key is never sent to anyone. Like all other applications on your device, this key will be backed up to your computer when you sync your device with iTunes.
- Where do I find the network address?
- From your TiVo® DVR: Go to , select , then , and then . Use the value labeled
- I have a question, suggestion, or problem to report.
- Please go our support forum and send us a message. Thanks.
Adding a new DVR. You must enter a name, the network address, and the Media Access Key (MAK). The name can be anything you like such as "Living Room" or "Bedroom". The network address and MAK can be obtained from your TiVo®.
This is the main screen showing all the configured DVRs. Selecting a row will display thelist.
Clicking on the Edit button allows you to delete DVRs and to rearrange the order of your DVRs.
Selecting a DVR will result in a display showing a list of recordings. The display of the list is effected by the "Show Folders" and "Sort Order" settings. If folders are displayed, selecting a folder will show the list of recordings in that folder.
Selecting a specific program will display details about the recording.
The DVR Shows settings can be accessed through the standard iPhone Settings application. There are two settings that effect the recording list displays. These match the two settings found on the screen of your TiVo. These include:
- Show Folders
- If ON, your recordings are grouped together into folders. These folders are typically based on wish lists and season passes. If OFF, no folders are shown. All recordings are shown in one long list. The default is to show folders.
- Sort Order
- You can sort recordings alphabetically or by recording date. The default is to order by recording date.